Murat Engin graduated from Ankara University Law Faculty in 1989. Engin became an assistant at the same faculty in 1990 and in 1998 he completed his doctorate before which, he had studied for the scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Program (DAAD) in Germany. In the same year, he started to work for Galatasaray University Law Faculty as an Assistant Professor and he became an Associate Professor in 2004 and Professor in 2011.
He has five published books in the area of Labor and Social Security Law and many published articles and publications domestically and internationally in the area of labor law, business law, economic and social rights.
He has been head of the Labor and Social Security Law division of Galatasaray University Law Faculty since 1998.
He designed and established the Social Science Institute's Economic Law Master's program at Galatasaray University in 2001.
He is responsible for and the co-organizer of the Annual Symposium for Labor law and Social Security Law with the annual participation of Galatasaray University, the Supreme Court's Chambers and the Istanbul Bar.
He has conducted training seminars for corporations and lawyers in different institutions such as the Galatasaray University Continuing Education Center and the Banks Association of Turkey Training Center.
He provided his services as an expert before labor law courts for many years.
Besides his academic and administrative career, he counsels clients from different sectors such as hotels, retailing, energy and mining.
Awards, Academic Institutions and other memberships
- Award of the Çağa Law Foundation (2004)
- Coordinator of the Turkish Academic Network on the European Social Charter and Social Rights (http://racseanesc.org/)
- A member of the International Society of Labor Law and Social Security Law (http://islssl.org/)
- Audit Board Member of the International Society of Labor Law and Social Security Law
- Audit Board Member of the Turkish Spinal Cord Paralytics Association(www.tofd.org.tr)